At Lockerby Chiropractic Clinic it is our mission to provide comprehensive, wellness based chiropractic care that is in the best interest of our patients. This will include the relief of our patients ailments, as well as the opportunity to restore the body to it's optimal state of health and function. This will come to benefit everyone from the athlete, to the skilled worker, to families striving to be at their healthiest.
What we treat
- Lower back pain
- Migraine and cervicogenic headaches
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Neck pain
- Sports injuries and performance
- Car accident and work injuries
- Nerve problems in the arm, hand, leg
- Mid back pain
- Hip, knee, arm and shoulder pain
- Lifestyle and oeverall health and wellness
- Rehabilitation exercise
- Some people even see improvevents in digestive problems, babies with colic, immune function and inflammation, heart rate variability and much more.
- The whole family can benefit since chirorapctic is safe and effective for babies and children, rite up to the elderly.
- Lower back pain
Chiropractic is a primary contact profession. Anyone can choose to see a chiropractor, and up to 90% of insurance plans cover chiropractic care. Highly skilled, and training for a minimum of 7 to 8 years at university level, chiropractors are one of only five health professions in Ontario to be granted the title of "Doctor".
Chiropractors are very well known for treating problems of the spine including back and neck pain, headaches, joint pain, sciatica and nerve problems. There has also been a lot of scientific research regarding the safety and efficacy of chiropractic care and that is why our treatment is recommended in medical guidelines throughout the world.
Basically chiropractors use gentle hands on techniques to correct dysfunction of the nervous system. There are many daily stresses that can impact our nervous system. These stresses fit into three broad categories:
- Physical stress- eg. sports injury, car accident, repetitive strain injury
- Toxic stress- eg. mercury poisoning, eating too much sugar (diabetes), vitamin deficiencies
- Psychological stress- eg. emotional stress form work or family life, depression
This is where the idea of wellness ties in so well with chiropractic. The entire body and all its systems must be working properly. If not, ailing systems send a signal through our nervous system to our brain telling us something is wrong. This signal may be felt as pain or discomfort, but can also be manifested in other ways. It can interfere with proper co-ordination of our muscles and joints (kinetic chain dysfunction or subluxation) and lead to lesser performance at work or sports. Nervous system interference may also lead to organ system dysfunction and effect our digestion, balance, or co-ordination, just to name a few. Chiropractic care not only gets you out of pain, but our ultimate goal is to help return the body to it's optimal state of health and help keep it there. See the Q & A section for more.